The American automaker has announced they are bringing a special edition for the Spark. The car debuted at the Chicago Auto Show in February.
Just like the dope looking Skids from the Transformers series, the Special Edition Spark is pretty eye-catching. The upgrades on the car are solely on the exterior styling. The spark comes with 1.4-liter, inline 4 which produces 98 hp, which is pretty impressive for a car that weighs less than 2300 lbs. This time around the Spark is siding with the Decepticon featuring menacing look. The car features:
- Black Bow Tie emblems
- Black-painted grille
- Black daytime running lamp bezels
- 15-inch black-painted machined-finish alloy wheels
The Special Edition doesn’t get any fancy name, it will be simply called the Special Edition. The new edition will be available on the 1LT trims for the 2020 Spark. The 1LT trim comes in two configurations: 1LT Manual and the 1LT Automatic.
2020 Chevy Spark
The small hatchback is here to play with the big boys, packing a peppy 1.4 Liter engine and featuring some top of the level features. The baby Chevy goes up against the Toyota Yaris, Mitsubishi Mirage and the Kia Rio. Against its competitors, it is cheaper starting at $13,220 and a fully loaded 2LT trim will cost $18,595. One of our favorite highlights of the car is that it comes packed with 10 Airbags which is more than any of its competitors or some of the higher tier cars.
Highlights of the 2020 Spark
- Spark ACTIV offers a rugged look and raised suspension; includes a standard roof-mounted luggage rack
- Daytime running lamps with LED signature on 1LT and 2LT
- Contemporary interior with segmented or available dot-matrix LCD instrument display and prominent center stack for infotainment and climate controls
- Keyless open and start (push button) are standard on 2LT
- Standard air conditioning
- Power windows with driver Express-Up/Down are standard on 1LT, 2LT and ACTIV
- The leather-wrapped steering wheel is standard on ACTIV and 2LT
- Heated front seats are standard on ACTIV and 2LT
- 60/40-split-folding rear seat
- A power sunroof is available on 1LT and 2LT
- Chevrolet Infotainment System with 7-inch diagonal color touchscreen is standard
Against the Toyota Yaris- obviously, Toyota offers better-built quality. Nonetheless, the Chevy is cheaper and better to live within a city environment. It also offers more features as standard.
When compared to the Kia Rio- Rio has a better performance and is a better overall package. Nonetheless, chevy has built this car for the city and if you live in a city it is a better option.
Against the Mitsubishi- the baby Chevy is the winner. The Mirage offers better gas mileage because of its smaller engine and that’s about it. The sparks offer a better-balanced package at a much lower price.
Chevy has given Spark a lively spirit in a segment filled with rather dull cars. It is also the cheapest in its segment and comes packed with features. And the new Special Edition gives it more attitude in the looks department. Pricing for the Special Edition is yet to be announced, but we expect it to be under $20,000.